|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Lehigh applicants only|
|Area of Study:||Business, Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Health, Medicine, & Society, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Pre-Med Science||Experience / Activity Type:||Research|
|Credit type:||Apply for transfer credit||Minimum GPA:||2.0|
|Class Eligibility:||Junior, Senior||Housing Option:||Dorm/Student Residence|
|Number of Credits:||3||Host:||Exchange Partner Program|
|LU Study Abroad Advisor:||Brian Wasserman||AACSB accredited:||No|
|Exchange:||Yes||Global Engineering Consortium:||No|
This program is located in Hong Kong, China.
About the Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (SURP)The SURP provides an opportunity for international undergraduate students to undertake research projects for eight weeks. Students will conduct research under the supervision of a CUHK faculty member and earn three (3) credits upon successful completion of the program. The program includes orientation and cultural tours.
For more information, visit the SURP Website.
Research Project Topics
Over 80 research topics are offered by CUHK host supervisors each year. Research topics vary by year. For a list of current research topics, visit the SURP Research Project web page.
Important Dates for 2018Application Deadline: February 28th
Program Dates: June 24th - August 19th
Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in good academic standing. While all undergraduate students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to rising Senior applicants. Students are encouraged to include past research experience on their application.
This list of estimated costs is not exhaustive. All costs listed below are estimates obtained from the host institution website. As costs are subject to change by the host institution, please refer to the host institution website for up to date cost estimates.
Lehigh ISOS Insurance: $50 - $100
This amount is billed to your Bursar account.
CUHK Fees: $1400
Students pay CUHK directly for tuition, housing, and other applicable fees. CUHK SURP fees do not include airfare, meals, or local transportation. For information regarding SURP fees, visit the SURP web site.
Personal Travel and Expenses
Scholarships and GrantsFor information regarding available scholarships and grants, visit the short-term funding web page on the Lehigh study abroad web site and book an appointment with your study abroad advisor.
Students are encouraged to review the Finances section of the Lehigh Study Abroad website for information on additional funding opportunities.
Freeman Asia Awards
Freeman-ASIA awards provide need-based funding to assist the recipient with the cost of the study abroad program and related expenses, including airfare, basic living costs, local transportation, books, etc. Award amounts range from up to $3000 for summer programs, up to $5,000 for semester programs, and up to $7000 for academic year programs. To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Must receive need-based financial aid
- Must be an undergraduate student with a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Must have at least one (1) term of enrollment remaining at the home institution in the U.S.
- Must have applied or been accepted to a program in: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam
- A multi-country program is eligible only if the applicant will spend at least eight (8) weeks in one of the countries stated above and have intensive language study during that period
- Must have applied or been accepted to a program that awards academic credit through their home campus.
- Must attend a program with a minimum length of study as listed below:
- Summer: 8 weeks minimum
- Semester: 12 weeks minimum
- Must not be a previous Freeman-ASIA award recipient
Application Process2018 Application Deadline: February 28th, 2018
Students intending to apply to CUHK SURP should notify the Lehigh Study Abroad Office by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting their study abroad advisor.
Students apply directly to CUHK SURP by completing an online application found on their website and submitting the following supporting documents:
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor
- Official Academic Transcript
- Passport Copy